Monday, August 11, 2014

"Me free" or if you can't speak toddler..."I am three."

When people say, "Enjoy it, they grow fast." They aren't joking! Joey is now 3...this makes me sad and happy at the same time.  He is a wonderful kiddo, we love him to pieces. He is going to do big things, I can feel it, but for now, we are just going to soak it all up and enjoy the ride.
 No matter how busy I am...I will always make my children's birthday cake. The kids always help with the mixing of the cake batter, but I take it from there. I make the frosting (Frosting recipe ) and I do the decorating. I asked Joey what he wanted on his cake, it took him about 2 seconds to say "shark cake!" I will admit that I turned to Pinterest for ideas, but everything was 3D, scary or made with fondant...not what I was looking for at all. So I thought an idea and figured out a way to make it happen.
 Yellow cake and cupcakes, then add...
 ...plastic sharks from Hobby Lobby and you get...
 ...SHARK CAKE!!! To quote Joey when he first saw his cake, "Wow, no way!" He liked it and proceeded to have everyone come in to take a look at his "shark cake" (Yes, I do enjoy decorating cakes. It is fun and I LOVE seeing Megan and Joey get excited when they see them.)
 Summer meal before cake...yum!
 Joey helped cut the first piece. He had no idea what he had to do :)
 Shark shirt, to go with a shark cake. Yes, I planned that.
 The super cool truck his cousin made for him. Again Joey said, "Wow, no way!"
 Grandma and Papa made him a happy 3 year old with Transformer Jr. toys.
Joey seized the opportunity to clean the frosting off of all the sharks! We were loading things up and I found him at the table enjoying every lick.
I don't know why, but we let the kids pick where they want to eat on their birthday, Joey picked "Bob Evans" He ate a great dinner and we just causally mentioned him turning 3...out came a sundae and he was one happy kid. Notice the is only 1 cherry...I told Megan that Joey got the cherry because it was his birthday. Our little sweetheart INSISTED that I cut the cherry in half so he could share with Megan. He is very, very sweet, without any prompting...it melts my heart.

His birthday lasted a few days and we did lots of fun things. Our next adventure is a trip to Cedar Point the week between Joey and Megan's birthdays (just eliminated any favoritism) Both kids are super excited and I am excited to see the excitement in their eyes.

No comments: