Monday, July 12, 2010

Holy Hot!!!

The summer started out very, very wet and windy! Big storms at night (scary) storm clean up during the day (we had a tree fall over our driveway that cause no damage to anything) Then the weather turned cool, down to mid 40's at night! But then it got hot...really hot and humid! We had sprinklers going to keep our new grass alive and we had to get out Megan's sad small kiddie pool.
As you can see, she loves it. As long as she has a cup and a spoon she loves being in the "pool" Since we spent lazy afternoons in the backyard, Megan was exploring and started to ask, "Can this go in the pool?" So she had leaves, walnuts, sticks and plastic frogs in the pool as well. Hey, it kept her cool and happy so I didn't care what she was putting in the pool.

Since it was 95+ degrees, 98% humidity, Megan thought her baby was hot. So I finally broke down and told her that her baby can get wet. I managed to go almost 2 years without having her baby go in the water. But since Megan was being the caring Mommy to her baby, I left her cool baby off. But only after explaining to her that if baby got wet, she wouldn't be able to sleep in her bed that night. (lots of random explanations and rules to try to cut down any future meltdowns)

Megan wanted me to take a video, so here she is jumping in her pool. Pay no attention to the fact that she is jumping into a pool that is sitting on small rocks. But that was the only place I could put the pool that wouldn't kill our new grass.

*****Since these pictures, we have added a huge beach ball sprinkler thing that Megan loves to stand under to cool off. And I plan on buying a slip-n-slide this week because more 90+ weather is here and I have to keep Megan cool and entertained!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Very cute! I am glad you found a way to stay cool. Little pools are the greatest things for little people. I love it.