Saturday, December 6, 2008

Trip to Canada, part 2, eh!

Here is a picture of what a Lego competition looks like. Basically, Conary and his team had to build a robot and program it to move around obstacles and complete "missions" They also had a research project to complete, this years topic was the environment. Conary and his team looked at how the weather will change by the year 2050 and how to reduce their Carbon footprint. It was all very interesting. Keep in mind Conary is 11.
Conary's team is at the competition table trying to figure out what is going on with their robot. It wasn't until after the competition that his team realized they weren't as focused as they should have been when it came to their robot this year. They still did a great job and I was very impressed at all the things their robot was able to do.

Along with running the programs they created for their robot, they also had a series of interviews about their project and about teamwork. Here is Conary's team in the teamwork building interview. They didn't win any awards for their robot but they did win an award for teamwork, good job Conary! I was only able to stay for one robot "challenge" and an interview then I was off to take girls to dance classes. But the skills Conary used for this Lego competition were amazing and I can't even imagine how complex his robot will be by the time he is 18.
Conary- if you stick with this, you will learn so much and go so far. I hope I can see you and your robot for years to come.
Caila- I hope you take this up too! You did a great job helping Conary in his video and seemed very interested with everything at the competition. I hope you have a team next year.
Megan sporting her cheer leading outfit to cheer Conary on. I put Megan in this outfit on purpose, because Conary likes to wear all of his Michigan stuff when I'm around because he knows I don't like Michigan. I'll forgive you for that Conary but someday I'll find a way to make you wear Ohio State colors!

It's CHRISTMAS!!! Ok well Christmas for this group. Aren't they just adorable!?! I'm still impressed at how we could decorate a tree so perfectly in a matter of hours.
Big shock, a baby how could care less about her gifts and focus on a balloon!
It was great seeing everyone and just hanging out as a family. I wish every weekend could be so much fun.
Kelsey Bells- remember our pinkie swear and have "master mind" ready for a rematch! We are going to have to keep track to see if we can improve as we keep playing. Smile for me :)
Crystal- I hope you are feeling better by now. Thanks for letting me sleep in your bed, your Dora canopy made me feel very cozy! Oh, and thanks for all of the great toys you are letting Megan play with, and I checked, we didn't take any Dora stuff :)






1 comment:

Angela said...

What a wonderful experience through Legos. I love the fact that their are still things out there that allow the kids today to challenge themselves without video games and computers.

I am also glad that Megan wore her Michigan outfit to cheer on her cousin. She does look good in blue.