Sunday, February 22, 2009

Little Ladybug

This winter we have had a couple extra things living in our house. It seems like every winter all of the ladybugs get together and somehow manage to get inside our house. They used to just be entertainment for Baron, but this year Megan has become fascinated by the ladybugs. She is always the first to spot a ladybug and will stare at them until it crawls or flies out of sight. Then she will continue to ask for the ladybug. (her version of asking is to put her hands out palms up and shake her head with a puzzled look on her face)
When I have a chance I will pick up a ladybug to give Megan a closer look. Most of the time once I picked one up it would either just sit there and not move or it would fly away. But on this night this one ladybug must have been training for the ladybug Olympics because he was moving all over the place! I picked him up and he booked it up my arm. I had Megan put her arm close to mine and he just crawled right onto her arm. When he did stop moving I asked Megan to say "hi" to the ladybug. It was so cute seeing her trying to wave to him, but he was sitting on the hand she would normally use to wave, so after a few tries, she figured out that she needed to wave with her other hand. Too cute!

Big shock...the next morning Megan found her ladybug crawling across the kitchen floor. (her finger is pointing straight to him) What can I say, she loves her ladybugs!
P.S. To Kelsey- take a look at the pj's Megan is wearing, they are covered with polar bears and every time I put them one her I tell her "Oh Kelsey would love these pj's" And she points to the big polar bear every time she goes by a mirror, she love polar bears!
To Conary- On a totally different topic...I made pancakes this morning and I accidentally poured too much vanilla into the batter and I thought of you! I said that you would love these pancakes, too bad you're in Canada (I don't think they would taste very good by the time I mailed them to you)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Too Cute. Love the ladybug story. Megan's new friend(s).